08 March 2006

International Women's Day



In honor of International Women's Day, I present Wu Jing. She is 52 years old. She lives in Harbin, China, where her profession is to perform an act twice daily of diving into a pool cut into 2-foot thick sheets of ice and swimming for a stunned crowd.

Wu Jing says she loves her job because she has always wanted to be in the spotlight.

I love how proud and happy she looks. I wish that kind of happiness and self-esteem to every woman today and every day!

3 comments:

spotted elephant said...

What a great story! I can't imagine wanting to do that, but good for her. I also wish I was in good enough shape to dive and swim like she does.

IzzyMom said...

That's really weird but more power to her!

Diz Rivera said...

Amen. I love me some WuJing!

Back to top