30 September 2008

Bring on the fourth quarter

Dad has an ulcer in his cornea and an eye infection. I'm not sure what the prognosis is, but I'm too smart to Google it. Not "I'm so smart I don't have to look things up," but "I'm smart enough that I know that the internet is full of medical advice that will Freak Me the Hell Out," so I'm holding off.

He has to go to the doctor daily for a while and take eye drops every half hour. It helps keep his mind off of the financial bailout, so that's ONE good thing.

I feel for him, though. I can only imagine how terrifying it is to be blind and to have a wife who needs so much help. Not that he would ever admit that...

I don't know what it is going to mean for my life and how things get done around here, but some changes will have to take place.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all your support.

*********

After all the comments on my post about my continuing grief over the death of my sister, I may launch a t-shirt line. One would say "Yes, I am STILL grieving. What's it to you?" and the other "Still not over it! But thanks for asking!"

The problem is that you would have to wear them all the time to ward off questioners, and it would get boring after a while. Perhaps I could do them in different colors and styles?

Or make them in threat level colors like that terrorist chart? Green for the days when it is fine to mention their name, yellow meaning "Have kleenex at hand," orange for silent hugs and chocolate, and red for Full Lockdown sob-your-eyes-bloodshot mode.

********

Go out there and kick ass (in a happy fun way). The world needs it!

12 comments:

kris said...

Sending good thoughts your way. Love that you continue to kick ass no matter the ups or downs.

Jess said...

WOW! What a great way to put it! What kris said!

LittlePea said...

Good idea to stay away from Google. Hope your dad is feeling more comfortable for now.

The T-shirts are a good idea. I could use a few color code tees of my own :O)

thailandchani said...

I'm beginning to see the value in kicking a bit of ass on occasion. :)

My best to your dad. Ugh! How horrifying.. but I'm glad you're not Googling it.


~*

Anonymous said...

I'd buy one of those shirts.

Mignon said...

Best wishes to your dad (and you and the rest of your family).

I didn't do any ass-kicking yet today, but I did find a secret parking spot that has a broken parking meter that always shows 2 hrs left. So karma kicked a little ass for me today, I guess.

super des said...

Don't get a t-shirt, get flash cards.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'll take 7 red ones for weeks that I cry at the drop of a lost loved ones name. It's a great idea!!

Sending your dad wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hang in there and I'll try to do the same.

Hugs!!

meno said...

Maybe a t-shirt that says something like "I'll never get over it. So kiss my ass."

I find it amazing to think that anyone would expect you to.

Anonymous said...

T-shirts? I'm all over it.

Elena said...

I like your t-shirt idea. I made pins (buttons - you know) for a bunch of us that said "F*ck Brain Cancer" with an imprint of a brain. Now I have a huge memorial tattoo. People ask about my tattoo and I have a great opportunity to tell folks about my dead friend Robbie. That's what I call him now - "my dead friend Robbie". It sums it up nicely, I think.

nonlineargirl said...

I agree that google is a dangerous idea. It is too easy to find results that will bear no relation to what will actually happen.

Back to top