20 February 2009

Heavyweight

I'm not one of those people who quits eating when I am stressed.

I am always amused by those who say things like "I was so upset I couldn't eat."

Ha! I have NEVER been so upset that I couldn't eat.

Quite the opposite. As soon as I found out about That Tragic Event on Tuesday night, I walked in the kitchen and ate a piece of cheese the size of a chihuahua.

THEN I called Curt's wife Gael.

Food is my anchor. Food is my confidante. I don't give up food when I am mad, sad, tired, unhappy. I bring it closer.

Of course, when I am happy, I celebrate with food, too.

All this living is bad for my waistline.

JOKING! WHAT waistline?

I have to learn some new coping skills, or start shopping in the plus size section. I'll start meditating. Tomorrow. As soon as these cookies are all gone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The loss of a good friend causes the kind of pain that must be assuaged by SOMETHING. Food, in my purview, is better than booze. I'm sorry for your loss. Curt sounded like a great guy.

Anonymous said...

The loss of a good friend causes the kind of pain that must be assuaged by SOMETHING. Food, in my purview, is better than booze. I'm sorry for your loss. Curt sounded like a great guy.

Mandajuice said...

So sorry about your friend, Suebob. Suicide pisses me off because of what it does to everyone left behind.

As for the food thing - aren't you pretty healthy, Suebob? I mean, you're ALWAYS chasing after your dog on the beach and you're a vegetarian. I dunno, it's not like you're obese or anything. So you like to eat?! So what? EAT.

When I look back at my own relationship with food (oh lover! bestillmyheart) I realize a little bit of self-acceptance at size 16 would've prevented me from ever becoming a size 24.

Suzanne said...

Hmmmm... I'm an eater when I'm distressed, too. Go easy on yourself in this difficult time.

Project Christopher said...

I had a laugh when you talked about being "so upset I couldn't eat" I've been deathly sick and still managed a bite or two. I heard someone say "I got so busy I forgot to eat" uh.... how stupid are you? :)

(kidding they're not stupid... just too skinny most likely)

LittlePea said...

I always though homemade French Fries and Macaroni are the solution to any ailment. Ice Cream is pretty good too. Double stuff Oreo cookies also have healing powers. But I'm pretty sure everyone already knows that.....

Back to top