23 January 2006

That was fun

I just got back from a weekend of fun in the Nearest Big City With Any Culture. And old college friend and I went to see what kind of trouble we could get into, which turned out to be not much trouble at all, but we had a good time.

The good time included two nights sleeping on couch cushions on the floor. I had forgotten to ask about sleeping arrangements. My friend brought a cot for me to her mother's house, but if I had known in advance I probably would have booked rooms at the Holiday Inn.

I am notoriously Delicate - my back is a mess and everyone knows it, to the point where, when I told my friend the cot hadn't worked out and I had slept on the floor, she and her 74-year-old mom offered to sleep on the floor and let me have the big bed. That is the kind of good friends they are. But by then I had figured out a good cushion/pillow/Advil arrangement that let me rest somewhat comfortably.

I am actually quite proud of myself for enduring. What a tough little adventurer I am! The next thing you know, I will be travelling without my special pillow. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Back to top