04 January 2007

Must be stopped

Who told me about Etsy? Can they be punished somehow? So far, I have purchased Christmas cards, a button, a book, earrings, a necklace and 5 lip balms.

When you find me living in a cardboard box behind the train station, you can blame it on an Etsy addiction. So many things! So cute! And I am supporting artisans! All this shopping is for a good cause! Long live the artisans and their cute things! (my apologies to Amalah for borrowing her exclamation points.)

One thing I noticed - about oh, 99.7 percent of Etsy shops are run by women. Their prices tend to be ridiculously low. Check out these insanely cute baby shoes for $7.00! Crazy.

Then I find ONE shop by a man and his prices are well, a bit higher. These signs are really cool. but they are tiny little prints. Smaller than a postcard. And 8 are $51. It just makes me wonder about men and women. How is it that men seem to value themselves so highly, and women so little?

****

Thanks for all your comments on blogging and privacy. I really appreciate the perspective.

****

New Linkateria AND True Employee Confessions. Still shamelessly begging for your work confessions, past or present, anonymous or signed, at snackishblogATyahooDOTcom. Thank you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked out that Etsy site...if I say you referred me do you get something? I need your user name, so just email me if you want me to plug that in when I sign up! You always turn me onto great stuff!!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you know how badly I want to buy those baby shoes for Kaitlyn? DO YOU? Do you know how much my husband would grumble and roll his eyes at me if I did? It's TORTURE, Suebob?

But yes, if I do succumb to the temptation, what is your user name so you get the credit?

Anonymous said...

Dude, you didn't buy any of MY Etsy Christmas cards...
It's OK, really, no one did...
Sigh...
Is the guilt working? No?
I'm working on Valentine cards, just FYI...

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm so happy the etsy love is catching on ........ it's like the best mall you've ever been too and it's open all the time. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Let's just this get this out in the open right now: Ms Stapler hates men. There, I said it, let the $51 per bag chips fall where they may.

Anonymous said...

Then I guess she won't be buying you one of my Valentines cards...
*sigh*

super des said...

Great. Now I've signed up to sell my jewelry there. I just fuel people like you.

Anonymous said...

I haven't visited Etsy for this very reason. ;)

SUEB0B said...

So it was YOU, Jessica, it was YOU. The cause of my downfall. I will send you photos of me in my cardboard hut.

Lisa said...

left an anon something on your confession blog.

Anonymous said...

I love Etsy, too. Maybe the women are smart enough to realize that there's a lot of competition out there so they price more competetively. Let us hope it's that and not some self-value issue because seriously, all those women and their beautiful creations totally f-in ROCK!

Back to top