22 October 2007

Chain smoking


Sunrise on the way to work this morning

It's hard not to use words like "apocalyptic" when you are dwelling in a pit of smoke, fire and ash.

The air is so harsh that I feel like a two-pack-a-day smoker. Headache, eyes hurt, raspy coughing.

People in China deal with air quality like this ALL THE TIME. How do they survive?

Other than that, I got nothin'. I'm busy just trying to breathe, and I certainly don't want to discuss the Red Sox. Apocalyptic, indeed.


Did I mention the wind was blowing like hell, too?

Oh but wait...one cheerful thing -

Can you FEEL the happiness?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I am a baby but yes...it is hard to breathe and my allergies are on notice! This is craziness with all these fires!

super des said...

At least it looks like you went to the beach for a bit. That helped, right? Get all that nasty smoke out to sea?

Anonymous said...

Oh, yuk. I've been thinking about you with all the fires. Wishing you continued safety (and easier breathing!)

Anonymous said...

I CAN feel the happiness. I just read that the fire is getting close to Magic Mountain. I'm so stupid, I didn't realize that it was THAT close to you! Yuck.

mamatulip said...

I hope the breathing gets easier...which means I hope the fires stop.

meno said...

I've been thinking about you as i listen to the news. Yikes. You and Goldie stay safe.

BOSSY said...

Be careful with the lungs!

ByJane said...

I remember when I was a kid (back when we walked to school!), there was a huge fire in Canada. The sky glowed red like that all the way down to us in Pennsylvania. It was quite frightening.

Thinking of you....

Anonymous said...

My heart is just breaking for all those families in the San Diego area. And my sister lives in Oceanside, I can't imagine what the air must be like around her. MSNBC was showing footage from Running Springs of a house just engulfed in flames. I've been worrying about all my California blog friends today, so take care and keep safe.

Back to top