25 October 2008

Dog things

Diego the Xoloitzcuintli
Diego

When I go out to do my little freelance stories on weekends, I enjoy getting to get out of my cubicle and talk to people, but I have to admit that, even more than that, I enjoy meeting new dogs.

Today, I met a Mexican hairless dog, Diego, and his owner. She told me she got a hairless dog because her previous dog was an Afghan hound and that she got so tired of combing and combing its hair.

"With Diego, I just kind of wipe him off," she said.

I found that hilarious for some reason, picturing her with a damp sponge...counters, table, and oh, yes, let me take a swipe at the dog.

**********

If you need a nice meditative dog fix, go see what the Shiba Inu puppies are doing on the puppy cam. Let's all say it together: "Awwwwww."

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I love meeting new doggies, too! I love dogs, they rule.

Glennis said...

The look like....deer or something, not dogs!!

But they still look sweet.

Elan Morgan said...

You're evil. Those puppies can distract me for hours.

claire said...

Oh my.. a 24 hour feed of puppies... they're sleeping now, and yet? I must watch...

What have you done, Suebob? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Ugh, now i'm never going to get my work done. Oh, the cuteness.

Suzanne said...

I must admit that at first, I thought that this dog was a pig. Interesting.

grace said...

I hear her on the hair, I really do, but Diego really doesn't look like a dog to me. And doesn't he get cold?

Back to top