30 July 2009

Next up: BlogHerWorld

Life is pretty rough on the 30th floor.
Chicago from our room - niiiiiice!

Oh, hai, the Red Stapler Photo Collection is up on Flickr.

********

I think I took the wrong book to BlogHer. I picked up Aayan Hirsi Ali's "Infidel" from the library before I left. It was unnerving to be reading a book about how women are oppressed in tribal Muslim societies while marinating in a bubble bath of pure female empowerment.

It gave me perspective. I kept thinking "Hey, any good day you wake up with your external genitalia intact is a GOOD day." Despite that cheery, glass-half-full perspective, I still maintain that the book was not my best idea ever because I spent the weekend plotting BlogHerWorld, where every woman on the planet gets to find their voice, realize their power, and eat mini-cupcakes.

When I arrived on Thursday night, Barack Obama was across the street at the Hyatt. Did he stop by and say hi to us bloggers? Noooooo. I blame Jenny the Bloggess .

Can you imagine how hard it would be for BlogHer to get security clearance after she took inflatable sheep sex toys on a U.S. naval aircraft carrier? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Instead, his senior advisor Valerie Jarrett showed up to talk health care reform. These people are serious, y'all. If you have anything you want to say about health care, go talk to Queen of Spain and she will forward your comments on directly to the White House. That, my friends, is what is great about this country. And BlogHer. Yay, us.

4 comments:

Jessie Geroux said...

totally love the intack external genitalia=good day--most awesome post blogher perspective comment I have read yet

Anonymous said...

good points

yeah wonder what Secret Service thought of the Social Luxe party

The Activist said...

U were 0n 30th fI00r? I wish 0bama st0pped by t0 say hey t00; this picture is fine, d0 I have ur permissi0n 2 use it?

Glennis said...

thank you for the link!!!

And glad you had a wonderful time.

Back to top