31 December 2009

New math

Trader Joe's Cashier: That will be $19.41
Suebob: Interestingly, that was also the year I was born.
Trader Joe's Cashier: Neat
Suebob: [waiting for the light to dawn] Yes, a long, long time ago
Trader Joe's Cashier: Since it's your birthday, do you want a lollipop?
Suebob: [still waiting for the light to dawn] Um, no, that's ok. At my age, I really shouldn't.
Trader Joe's Cashier: It's pomegranate flavor.
Suebob: [giving up] Oh, ok - antioxidants! They can help reverse the aging process you know. I eat a lot of pomegranates.
Trader Joe's Cashier: Ok, well, have a good day then.
Suebob: [muttering as I leave] Damn California school system. Damn Proposition 13. Nobody has any math skills anymore. Do I LOOK 68? Wait...don't answer that.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

no way. absolutely not.

mmm, pomegranate.

madge said...

Mwahahaha!

On your worst day, not even close to 50. Sixty-eight is preposterous!

madge said...

Too much champagne. Not even close to 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year, my favorite blogger.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

1941???

More math now!

Jessica said...

I love the cartoon!

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the other day Dan and I went to the liquor store - and we almost always get carded - and we didn't. I remarked to Dan that we must be looking old, and the cashier says, "Oh, I was going to card him, but I figured he was old enough because he's with you."

Totally ruined my day! Yes, I know at almost 42 I shouldn't expect to be carded, but look how cute we are!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coollibrarian/4232211851/

Kim said...

YOU are hysterical! Thanks for the anecdote from a math teacher! Oi.

ptooie said...

My mom steadfastly maintains she is 17. Her (special education, IQs under 70) students believed her completely, until the year I was 17. Then they got a little suspicious.

You don't look a day over whatever your favorite age was!

Stacy said...

I Love You Bob!

Suzanne said...

Wow, I was wondering what the hell? No way is Suebob older than my parents... I'm glad I can do math, but don't f with me like that!

Hope you had a happy new year.

the new girl said...

OMG.
I thought it was bad that no one can count back CHANGE.

THAT is HILARIOUS.

flurrious said...

Ha. Stupid kid. I hope you ran over his foot with your Rascal on the way out.

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious!!!

Back to top