20 June 2010

What is this thing, here?

I just remembered I have a blog. Weird.

What's new?

The dog people paid. I cashed the check and went over to Canine Adoption & Rescue League and handed them $208.25 in cash. I decided the people were such psychos that I shouldn't send them the receipt. I have it if you want to see it, because I know how some of the internetz are. They never believe ANYTHING.

I just filled out the paperwork for the court that the judgment had been paid, sent it off, and mailed the Von Losers a copy with a note that said "For Your Records. Thanks." I figured that would make them scratch their heads but not further antagonize them.

The good news out of this whole thing is that I decided it is time to start volunteering with dogs again, so I'll be filling out the volunteer application this week and hopefully soon will be spending Saturdays sitting in a PetSmart near you with some cute doggies for someone to love.

***************

The 30 mile drive to work is irritating as hell. In the mornings it's not too bad, but some nights it takes me 90 minutes to get to my folks' house, which means I leave for work at 6:30 a.m. and get home past 7 p.m. I can hear my sister saying "Oh, cry me a river" right now, since she works in town and lives waaaaaaay out in the hills in a hidden compound.

The work is fun, though. I get to hang around smart people as they decide how to run a massive corporation. It is interesting to me in the way an ant farm is interesting. More like "Wow, watch those guys work!" rather than any impetus to create tunnels myself. I just carry the crumb of dirt that I am assigned to carry.

Among my perks is something I have never had before - my own big whiteboard. It has come in handy as I strategize. Not really. But I did make a work friend from down the aisle by posting elaborate World Cup match info, complete with graphics of country flags and frequent score updates. We now pass several pleasant minutes a day speculating on upcoming matches and wondering if Spain will ever rise to the occasion or if Brazil will steamroll everyone in their path and what about those infernal Germans.

In news very tangentially related to the World Cup, I want to be able to shake it like Shakira's backup dancers in the Official FIFA song video. Whoa:

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

You have generated so much good karma with how you handled the dog bite situation. :) On the other hand, I'm sorry your commute is so yucky.

stinkypaw said...

Good for you to remember your blog and to want to volunteer again with dogs.

Just love that song, so catchy, and I'd love to move my hips that way and still be able to breath (nevermind sing!)

Isabella Golightly said...

I so feel your pain about the commute. On the other hand, I don't volunteer with puppies, which would make me feel much better about pretty much everything. Fur. Warm, fluffy, fur...

Nance said...

As a classroom teacher, I have a huge whiteboard at my disposal daily. The most interest it ever generates is when I write the "Quote of the Week" said by a student. One of the best was "When they get that big, they're just not fun anymore."

It was in regard to kids' feet.

(What did you think it was about???)

Ericka said...

i love white boards. at my last job, my friend and i used our white boards to show a stop motion, day by day, cartoon of "bambi meets godzilla." it made us happy.

this is partly why i'm enjoying this blog: http://whiteboardunicorns.com/ it makes me laugh.

orion said...

Heh. I guess you have!

Back to top