18 January 2007

Today's Excuse

Here's the problem, yo. (Did I just say "Yo"? WTF is wrong with me?)

I want to go to the gym.

I just don't want to go TODAY.

Tomorrow is an infinitely better day for the gym.

Today is Thursday. Thursday is the almost-end of the week, a day to relax and gird my loins for one more day at work.

But who can go to the gym on Friday night? Doesn't that automatically make one a loser? Alone, at the gym, after work on Friday? And you know I can't go RIGHT after work because it is way too busy, what with the New Years resolution people and all. And later - that is when I should be having a Friday night. Fun. An outing. Something silly. Not sweaty.

Saturday? Who has time? Too busy.

Sunday? Church, see Mr Stapler, the folks. Sunday night? Oops, gym closes at 8.

I'm shooting for Monday. Monday sounds perfect.

Updated: Ok, I went. Happy now?

16 comments:

LittlePea said...

monday sounds badass

Anonymous said...

I went today, too. And I'm glad I did.

QT said...

I was thinking maybe you were going to get to Feb 1st somehow.

QT said...

I was thinking maybe you were going to get to Feb 1st somehow.

super des said...

My normal gym days are Monday & Thursday. But not this week. Thanks to the Rev. Dr. MLK jr, I did nothing monday. I did go Tuesday, but that's it.

Marcia said...

back in the day, when I used to go to the gym (a very sad time in my life, when I gave into my husband's idea that it would be good for me, with my bad knee and all, to go), we would sometimes go on Friday nights before we went out, and let me tell you, the gym would be packed. And we went to an uber trendy gym, and worked out with the beautiful people. And if the beautiful people can be that loser, than I can be, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Uh oh. You've been reading my crap too long, yo.

I worked out last night too...though from the comfort of my own bedroom floor. I'm WAY too lazy to get my butt to an actual gym.

Lynnea said...

See, I have the same problem. Today is always a very difficult day to get to the gym. But tomorrow, tomorrow seems so much more hopeful...

Jhianna said...

Oh yeah - I really, really need to get back into the gym schedule thing. Bleah. I'm still in the "next week" stage. You're light years ahead of me.

Anonymous said...

I used to celebrate my committment by buying a twix...

Anonymous said...

Wow.

I was fine with Monday.

I'm going Monday.

I swear.

Anonymous said...

I'm up to "I will not drink the alcohol-based hair fixative for a quick buzz this morning". I'll work on going to the gym after that.

Lisa said...

Good for you for going to the gym. I loved going on Friday night. No one there and no waiting for the cardio I wanted... Does that make me a total dork or what? (Ah but I was a dork with a much better butt when I went.)

Kimberly said...

I workout daily but I haven't gotten myself back to church in years. I think you're winning.

Heather B. said...

This is me every.single.morning. And then if I miss the morning because I've overslept or didn't have my stuff together in time then I go through the same thing every.single.evening. A vicious cycle, no?

Anonymous said...

It's like you got inside my head. Good for you making it to the gym!

Back to top