14 February 2007

Directly related to the previous post

I was once on an easy, ranger-led "family hike." Because it was the middle of the day, we didn't see very much wildlife. The ranger pointed out what kind of animals lived around there by pointing out their droppings...deer, coyote, owls. Every few minutes we would come across some more "scat," as the ranger called it.

Finally one little boy said "Daddy, how come there is so much POOP out here?"

It's not that blogger's kids are so sickly or disgusting. It's just what people talk about.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being a mom ensures that you will have to face your fear of germs. Not easy for OCD moms like myself. It's not for the faint of heart, that's for sure.

Lynnea said...

Now you've got me paranoid wondering if I talk about my kids snot and poo. I really don't recall having posted anything on the subject, but then my head is in 37 different directions on any given minute. I've been known to be wrong. Once or twice. Ack.

super des said...

poop is always funny.

Julie Marsh said...

Scat! In elementary school, we used to take field trips to a nature preserve where the lead dude referred to poop as scat. I haven't heard that term in years.

Animals make scat. Children make poop. It's all gross.

LittlePea said...

I never heard the word scat used for poop before. Maybe because I've never been on a hike. I just love learning new words.

Back to top