07 May 2008

A hand across the fiberoptic cable

I met Amy at BlogHer 06 and we hung out by the pool. She is one of those women who looks far younger than her age - I'll bet she still gets carded - and is cute and blonde and athletic-looking.

But I still didn't feel like smacking her! Amazing. She had this cool personality that made me feel like one of her girls, not the large, sweaty stranger that I most certainly was (that was the year my thighs got chapped from walking around in a skirt all day, oh, yeah, good times, people).

She quit blogging a while ago, and I was sad to see her go. Yesterday she popped up in my comments section and it felt like getting a surprise gift.

I went over to her blog and found that she has had a recent miscarriage. She returned to blogging for the same reason many of us do - to learn, once again, that we are not alone.

If you would, please go visit Piece of Work and give Amy the virtual hug she needs right now. We are all in this together.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, you need pantaloons!! i just made myself two pairs! perfect for summer!

Piece of Work said...

Wow, Suebob. This is so incredibly kind and unexpected. I'm dumbfounded. Thank you.

Suzanne said...

Leave it to me to miss the touching main point of your post, but... speaking of all being in this together, I want you to know that my thighs also get chafed from walking around when I wear a skirt. That's why I always wear stockings of some sort (or boxer shorts). I bet Minnie's pantaloons rock, though.

SUEB0B said...

Minnie, Suzanne - bike shorts.Yes indeedy. But thinner thighs might be an option too.

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Thanks for doing this Suebob. I left her a note. Thoughts and prayers are also with her.

j.sterling said...

i love amy!!!!!!!!!! thank you for letting me know she was back! i had no idea!

mar said...

and i was wondering why that ben lee song was in my head.
"we're all in this together."

Suzanne said...

Thinner thighs are very nice in theory, but my reality is that they are not going to ever be thin enough that they don't rub together. Bike shorts, boxer shorts, stockings - all good.

Back to top