12 May 2007

Mothers Day

Hilarious Mother's day Gift Guide from I, Asshole. It is divided into sections for Good, Evil, Fun and Stodgy Moms.

Also, Mothergoosemouse has a funny song up about Mothers Day (to the tune of "Jet Song" from West Side Story):

"When you’re a mom, you’re a mom all the way…
…from your first poopy diaper to your last dyin’ day."

As my sister lay struggling to breathe through the pneumonia, her only child, my nephew, walked in. He arrived last night from the San Francisco Bay area.

Just last night we were looking at photos of Laura and my nephew when he was a brand new little baby.

She gazed into his eyes with the very same shining love she had 37 years ago, when she was a young, newly-married 21-year-old. Some things never change.

Happy Mother's Day, everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Laura. I am glad your sister's son is able to be with her this weekend.

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Oh Suebob. I'm glad he's there with her.

Happy Mother's Day to your courageous sister.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking me. I had fun drawring it.

Back to top