11 May 2007

So anyway

I don't know what to report. My sis is still in dire straits, bodywise.

It is weird because half of me believes so firmly in the eternity of our souls and that we will all be together and happy someday (everybody!). Kind of like BlogHer without the bitching and complaining.

The other half of me is stunned and horrified and in screaming emotional pain at the thought of never sitting out on the back porch telling stories with her again. That this big chunk of all our lives may just fall out of the center and leave a big ragged gaping Laura-shaped hole.

So many people love her so much. You would, too, if you met her.

A Course in Miracles says:
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Therein lies the peace of God.

It's a hard one to get your brain around until you realize that the course defines "real" as "unchanging" and "eternal." So our bodies are not real because they change. Our souls, on the other hand, are real and go on forever.

At least I hope so.

Thanks again for your prayers and thoughts. I can feel them carrying me.

8 comments:

Major Bedhead said...

Sometimes I hate this internet crap. Times like this, when I just want to say "There, there" and give a hug and I can't because hugs don't reach thru wires and cables and all of my "there, theres" don't reach your ears. But I'm over here, thinking of you and your family and hoping that your sister gets better.

Anonymous said...

Suebob, I'm thinking of you and your sis. I just wish there was something more I could do.

SUEB0B said...

Thank you. I could use a hug.

MGM - that's the crazy part. There isn't anything any of us can do. I saw an advert for the lotto and it was $110 million and I thought "Wow, even if I won all that, there would be nothing I could do." That's life, eh?

We planted flowers yesterday. Because that is all we could do.

meno said...

"Kind of like BlogHer without the bitching and complaining." - :)

I don't have anything useful to say, just that i am thinking of you and sending my thoughts your way.

I am more afraid of losing my brother than my parents. He is my friend.

Anonymous said...

I know the importance of sisters and yet..I can't know personally what your life would be like minus Laura. I can imagine...and it's painful to do so. I am thinking of you in a big way today.

Anonymous said...

Sending as much Laura-love as I can muster up here in Ohio.

Lots of thoughts, hugs, and margarita wishes are heading your way.

There is just something about a sister.

Lynnea said...

I'm here too. Thinking of you and her.

ecogrrl said...

I'm in Kansas right now, so I can send my love from a little bit closer. Maybe it's more concentrated now.

Back to top