08 May 2006

Total utter randomness

Edmunds tested popular ways of saving gas. The good news? You can run the a/c all you want. The bad news? You're going to have to stop driving like an idiot.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

From the WTF? file - a story about a guy who deliberately infects himself with hookworm to cure his asthma.

It works, but the story is not for the faint-hearted:

I became infested almost immediately, it must have been either the first or second day I spent walking barefoot through the latrines...Seeing me the locals would often get fairly aggressive, wondering what the hell a white guy was doing walking around barefoot in their toilets...An angry man with a machete when you are standing isolated and alone in such an alien place is trying...

It apparently also might work for Crohn's Disease or other auto-immune problems.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I read this long article from the New Yorker about a guy who falls for the Nigerian Spam Scam. I thought I might learn why people do it. 5000 words later, I am still baffled.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Speaking of people who are easily scammed - Nicole Kidman still loves Tom Cruise???

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

From the "Day Late and a Dollar Short" file"
Zacharias Moussaoui says he's not guilty. Uh, dude, you shoulda thoughta that before the trial.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

First falling iceballs. Now, marauding chimps. More reasons to stay indoors.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And finally, an ad for some talented artists in my neighborhood. I have the necklace with the little chips of irridescent glass and I have gotten more compliments on that than on any other jewelry I have ever worn. It is incredibly pretty in person.

4 comments:

noncommon said...

yea, i read that thing about nicole too and was completely stupified. the effects of brainwashing..... and as for mossouuai, or how ever you spell it, WHATEVER!!!! i guess that whimper thing got to him a bit, no? and pretty jewelry.

Anonymous said...

Ewww...the hookworms thing...ugh....nasty

But the necklaces are pretty :)

Heather Bea said...

Jeopardy could fire their research team and just hire you to come up with all the questions. I love your total utter randomness.

Plus a heart felt thanks for linking to the Edmunds study, my husband drives like a maniac and he says the AC wastes gas. Ah ha so there, I am proud of being a slow driver.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Those necklaces ARE beautiful! We have a lot of art glass studios here in my town. My favorite is Lindsay Art Glass. They make the prettiest necklaces and I ALWAYS get compliments. When I'm working again, I'm going to ask them to make me a large pendant to put on an omega chain.

Back to top