28 May 2006

The best thing ever

Have I mentioned how much I love my house? It is tiny (500 sq ft). It is ancient (built 1948). It is in a neighborhood where people shoot each other rather distressingly often.

But it has several fabulous features. I can walk to the beach. It is mine all mine (well, to rent at least. But no one else lives here.)

And it has an outside shower. My landlord put it on the wall outside the laundry room after some previous tenant jammed the drain by washing her laborador retriever in the bathroom.

Nothing feels better than showering outside in the warm sun on a spring afternoon, especially after I am all sweaty and dirty from gardening. It is relaxing way beyond any indoor shower and when I am done, I feel all floaty and happy.

Of course I was wearing a swimsuit! Is that how you think of me? I'm shocked.

7 comments:

Mom101 said...

I once rented a teeny little room (think: door hitting the bed) in a teeny little house on Fire Island for the summer, and that outdoor shower was my happy place indeed. I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing. Except for the shooting. But on the beach. Wonderful.

Table4Five said...

Yikes-shooting? Be careful on those walks to the beach!

And I must confess, my first thought about your outdoor shower was that I wondered if you had a very high wall around your house!

super des said...

so do you have an indoor shower as well? because sometimes (winter) outdoor showering might not be so fun. and yes, I'm well aware of the differences between CA "winters" and NY *WINTERS*.

SUEB0B said...

Yes, I usually shower inside, Des. Though my inside shower is only slightly wider than my shoulders so I have to do squats to pick up the shampoo because I can't lean over...

Janet Evening said...

My dream shower, and you're in it. That is God for you...

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

I love the idea of the outdoor shower. Do you have to wear the bathing suit? I mean, can the neighbors see into it?

Back to top