28 February 2006

Oh spare me

Mr. Stapler and I are doing the slow motion breakup thing. Too sick of each other to stay together, too lonely to stay apart. Our relationship has deteriorated to mostly talking on the phone and IMing each other at this point.

Today he IMed me at work. Hey, why work at work? It just wastes your valuable screwing off time!

I informed him that I would be going to BlogHer this summer. I don't need his permission - it was just something to talk about to keep me from sounding totally boring and loser-ish. But at the same time I knew what he thought of blogging, and I knewit wasn't good.

'I just think time is better spent relating to people, reading, exercising or playing with the dog," he IMed about blogging.

It pissed me off, sure. But I would be more pissed off if I didn't know him and that he basically disapproves of all human endeavor other than his hobbies, which are 1) sleeping 2) sleeping some more 3) watching baseball 4) taking a nap and 5) playing the guitar a little. Oops, I forgot shopping for guitars on eBay and reorganizing his music downloads for the 1000th time. Perhaps spanking the monkey, but never tells me about that. But I know. Women always do.

I don't mind that he does all that stuff. Well, ok, the napping did get a little tedious. But I could put up with it.

I just don't understand why it is ok to put down my hobbies all the time. I don't need to have someone else make me feel bad about my life. I am perfectly capable of doing that myself.

6 comments:

IzzyMom said...

I just assume that all non-bloggers think it's stupid...lol But someone needs to tell him that blogging is so much more fun than watching baseball. It just is.

SUEB0B said...

Nice new photo, Izzy.

No chance. He is a lifelong baseball fan...he only gets really happy during baseball season. The other 6 months of the year are a grey blur to him.

J.R. Kinnard said...

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Sue. Domestic upheaval sucks.

I have actually found blogging to be very useful. Being a fellow writer, I'm sure you understand the value of writing everyday. Blogging serves that purpose for me, and is much more enjoyable than a journal.

So the next time someone says blogging is useless, just throw that at 'em!

spotted elephant said...

I'm really sorry to hear it, Sue.

I didn't get blogging at first. I was reading my very first blog saying "I don't get it" until it was pointed out that I'd been reading that blog for over an hour. Oh.

Baseball is good for insomnia.

Tiffany said...

He sounds like the last guy I was seeing. Well, "seeing" is probably not the correct word, since we didn't really "see" each other all that often. We turned basically to text messaging and email.
He never said things I wanted him to say. I could practically set him up for the perfect line/come back to whatever it was I said, and sure enough, he'd have one of his lame/cold answers.
Unfortunately, your man sounds like my last one....dull, boring, and a complete dumbass for not realizing what a good thing he had going for him!

SUEB0B said...

Thanks for your support!

Back to top