01 April 2006

Blogging Pays Off, finally

I don't know if I have ever mentioned my other blog, Snackish. It is a vegetarian food blog I have had for a long time, since food is my primary interest (it's obvious from the size of my butt).

You may know that the NY Times has a great food section with some of the best writers around. The inestimable Mimi Sheraton, Frank Bruni, etc.

Well, it looks like I will be joining them. The whole story is too long to go into, but I met someone online who knew someone and they were looking for the vegetarian/vegan/organic angle and so...

I will not be moving, for now - I will be a correspondent, which just sounds so cool, doesn't it? I will get to travel and eat and you know, do the things I have always wanted to do. Of course I will post links to my first thousand articles or so.

I am nervous and excited and I have a lot of stuff to do to prepare....Yikes. Wish me luck.

9 comments:

SUEB0B said...

You are aware that it IS April Fool's Day, aren't you? I am sorry, but my family has such a fine long tradition of April Fools pranks that I could NOT resist. Abuse me - I deserve it.

MrsFortune said...

Damn you Sue! I was just about to gush and say how much I looked forward to reading your veggie tales! But good one. :-)

IzzyMom said...

lololol...no I was NOT aware that it was April Fool's Day. Good one!

J.R. Kinnard said...

Shame on you, Sue. You got me good!

noncommon said...

you're funny! i'm reading this on april 2nd. so is it still a joke? i was really excited too! damn.

Anonymous said...

Damnit. I don't read for a couple of days and I miss all the news. That is SO awesome. As a longtime former veggie born of a veggie mama, you rock.

Christina said...

I was just about to say congrats, but then I saw it was an April Fool's joke. So I guess I'll just say congrats - you got me!

spotted elephant said...

I was so excited for you!

Arrrgghhh-really got me.

I am however, excited about your vegetarian/vegan blog. Assuming that's not a joke too!

Anonymous said...

Dammit all to hell. That was a good one.

PS Can I donate my blogher prize entries? Email me --

Back to top