08 January 2007

ROFL!!!

This is perfect. Just when my mind was perfectly post-free, the ROFL Awards saves the day. For today is the day I reveal my nominee to the world.

I read a lot of blogs. Too many. They just kind of creep up on me. It is so easy for me to add a blog to my bloglines and so hard for me to delete, even when they are blogs whose posts I only read when no one else has posted and I am so desperate for a blog fix. (Pathetic, I know).

Most blogs take a while to grow on me. I have to get to know the style and cast of characters. The much-beloved Amalah was like that. At first I didn't get what the fuss was all about, but eventually something snapped into place and now she is one of the first blogs I read (it also helps that she falls early in the alphabet).

But every once in a while, someone's blog is so great that I don't want them to be a blogger. I want them to be my friend. I don't want them to exist only in cyberspace. I want to go sit on their couch and drink cocoa with mini marshmallows on top while we talk about how weird the neighbors are.

Ree from Confessions of a Pioneer Woman writes a blog like that. I hate it for being a blog. I wish it was real life. Not only is she a hilarious, great writer, but she lives an interesting life out in the country (she's not kidding about the "one calf nut at a time" part) and peppers her posts with beautiful photos.

In December, one of her posts sent me over the edge. Her post and photos about Tanner, the poop-eating Barbie Dog, was laugh-til-you-puke-a-little funny. The text was great. The photos were...illustrative. Combined? Too good. And they are especially great juxtaposed with the next post down, which is a recipe for homemade cinnamon buns. Poop and food - all in a day's work for a Pioneer Woman.

The whole list of nominees can be seen at Mommy Off the Record" and Izzy Mom. Thanks, Cristina and Izzy for hosting. You are both beautiful, smart and funny. Good night!

5 comments:

Pioneer Woman said...

Suebob...I'm not worthy! But thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm glad Tanner the Pooping Barbie Dog spoke to you. I'm just here tryin' to make a difference.

And I'll be your friend. K?

SUEB0B said...

You deserve every accolade. And YES! Make the cocoa. I'll be right over. Or vice versa.

Anonymous said...

oh, yes. ree is the rad fo sho. i love her, too.

Anonymous said...

was a good one...thanks for making sure we knew where to look.

Lisa said...

Ohhh compelling. Thanks for the head's up.

Back to top