24 September 2010

Adventures in Dogwalking

Goldie and I were exploring the path by the beach for the 500th time.

We kept passing and getting passed by a homeless-looking guy with a red Target shopping cart. Goldie has to stop a lot to inspect bushes and their contents, and Mr. Man was traveling rather slowly, too, his cart half full of mysterious, filthy belongings.

Meanwhile a wedding was going on at the beach. There's a little wooden walkway and the people had set up a tiny, cheesy white wooden garden arch at the end.

The bride and groom had showed up in a black monster truck. He was wearing a black suit and she was wearing a white A-line mini dress with silver sequined shoes. There were about 10 friends waiting for them, including a stout woman in a kilt.

When Goldie and I passed the bathrooms, Mr. Man said "Scuse me, is this your phone?" I was holding my phone.

"No," I said, "Maybe it belongs to somebody at the wedding."

"Oh, shit, you're right," he said, holding the phone, looking at it like it was a lump of plutonium.

Goldie and I kept walking, slowly.

"Hey, hey, man," I heard Mr. Man yell at the woman in the kilt.

No comments:

Back to top