13 April 2006

Ok, Ok, I'll do it. Six weird things.

Izzy of IzzyMom and Christina of A Mommy Story both tagged me for THE SAME meme. Coincidence? Hm....I guess it means I really have to do it. Here goes.

Six Weird Things About Me

1. I, too, am a picker. I was strangely delighted to find out from this meme that Izzy picks compulsively at zits and scabs and everything. I don't feel so alone. I CANNOT STOP, despite scars and blood and cellular devastation. If there was a 12-step group for skin pickers, I would be there. It is gross, but it is truly an addiction. I am not kidding.

2. I do not have a TV. That makes me very, very weird in the USA. It does not make me any more virtuous or any less lazy. It's not like I am writing novels or helping the poor. Instead of a cable bill, I have the time-sucking Internet.

3. I have a terror of snow. The thought of being where it is snowing sends me into a panic attack. The last time I was in snow country and these little tiny fuzzballs of snow started drifting down, I woke up Mr. Stapler and demanded to head to a lower elevation.

4. The last time I held a baby was in 1988. I am clumsy, and they wiggle, that is why.

5. I hate to shop for clothes and shoes and pretty much everything else except books and food.

6. I have absolutely no problem being naked in front of strangers. And I am not, as they say, a small woman. I'm not in shape. Far from it. I'm just like "Hey, it's me, get over it. Have you not seen cellulite before?"

Ok, that's me in some of my weirdness. I saved the really good stuff for my therapist.

Now to pass it on.

Here are the rules:

1. Reveal six weird facts/things/habits about yourself and then tag six people.

2. Leave a "You're Tagged!" comment to let the people you have tagged know they have to reveal six things (or the entire blogosphere will explode and it will be their fault).

3. Leave me a comment letting me know that you have completed your mission (if you have chosen to accept it!?.

I am going to tag Untitled Life, Fluid Pudding, The Sarcastic Journalist,John the RA, the dishy Wilson Hardcastle and of course, Gandhi Rules.

Sheesh. Six tags is toooo dang many. I hope they decide to play along or I will feel like the birthday party girl when no one shows up.

After looking back and seeing I just did a meme two weeks ago, this begins my new rule: One Meme a Month. Meme of the Month Club.

15 comments:

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

(Sorry...that was me. I was working on her blog and forgot to log out of her name)

Ahahaha...you did a meme! You did a meme! Na na na na na naaaa!

I'm tagging you every dang time from now on ;)

(I must clarify, I don't pick scabs because I don't like blood. I only pick zits, sunburned skin and hangnails. Nothing that will bleed)

noncommon said...

i have a friend Hallie who doesn't have a tv either. i'm jealous of your strength! here's your official invitation to come to Roxy's first birthday party! that way you can hold a baby and play in the snow all at the same time. snow's fun! and it's pretty. and sometimes it makes it so you don't have to go to work!!!!

Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

what the F. does "meme" mean?

Tagging me is great, now I have something to write about other than finding a new place to live.

"4. The last time I held a baby was in 1988. I am clumsy, and they wiggle, that is why."
(The image is hilarious.)

"3. I have a terror of snow. "
(This one has always made me mad cause I know I can never invite you here in the winter.)

"6. I have absolutely no problem being naked in front of strangers. "
(I remember. I've tried to be this way but I can only be naked around someone I'm sleeping with.)

"2. I do not have a TV."
(This is just madness.)

Her Bad Mother said...

You can't swear off memes if yours will always be as funny as this one.

And without this meme circulating, I never would have known that I am not the only compulsive picker. Thought I was alone... now I'm part of a *community*. Huzzah!

Diz Rivera said...

#4 is hilarious. Almost as funny as "what the F. does meme mean?"

SUEB0B said...

Izzy - I was just in a bad mood after 2 hours of weed whacking in the back yard and 2 hours of trying to get blogger to POST ALREADY - I may be headed to typepadland along with you, even though I am incredibly cheap at heart.

If you were a real picker, blood would be no barrier. Like there is a heirarchy of pickerdom.

Cameo - No, about the snow, I am SERIOUS. I would have a heart attack if I were where it is really snowing. It sounds crazy - ok, it IS crazy - but I'm a 4th generation southern Californian, so we don't know from snow.

Gandhi - a meme is an idea that some interloon thinks up and makes us all do. I don't know how it started but I am a sucker for them, like everyone else, apparently. A meme is a great thing when you have basically nothing else to post.

2Bad - I have to compliment you on your choice of babies. Yours is certainly very fine, as babies go. All of you mom bloggers and your cute babies may soften my hard old heart.

Madness - Anyone who has ever seen my t-shirt after a meal would think twice before letting me hold their little darling. If I can't get a quesadilla to my mouth, I have no business holding the heiress to the Madness fortune.

Anonymous said...

Check out Wordpress, my friend! It's free and yet so elegant and user-friendly.

Anonymous said...

I love #6! I can be the same way. Sometimes feel more confident naked than in clothes, not sure why that is. And I wish I didn't have a TV, I wouldn't miss it. My husband sure would though!

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I knew blogs were good for something... How else would I know that I wasn't the only zit-picking freak in the world! Not that we're freaks or anything, it just felt that way.

Good Meme! One of the funniest I've read (and there have been many this week).

Anonymous said...

I pick as well, however, I prefer plucking. The baby thing cracks me up...

Janet Evening said...

I have an obnoxious cousin named Mimi and anything called "meme" must be evil. Unless it's pronounced "meem", and then it's okay.
It's like America's Favorite Videos on teevee is exactly as horrible as self- mutilation by picking scabs.
It all evens out. Yin/Yang.

SUEB0B said...

Mrs. Chicky - yes, zit-picking freak, that is me. I can't think of a better description. Carve it on my tombstone, because it is true.

Kristen - I will settle for plucking if there are no zits or scabs to be had. Busy busy me.

Janet - it is Meem. Unlike Mimi, the evil cousin. I would worry about her reading this, but I am sure she does not read. She may not even know about the Internet.

Willo said...

I haven't forgotten about you-- just haven't had the time to sit down and think it over. Weirdness or banality to come.

Angela said...

I haven't held a baby since 1988, either.

Oh. Wait.

Thanks for tagging me! I'm up! (Very very late, but up!)

Back to top