19 August 2010

I am a loca

I found this post in my drafts folder, from just after BlogHer 2006, four years ago.

This will be my 1201st post on this blog! Crazy

********

I am back from BlogHer 06 and thought I would give you the report, and who better than me, because after all I am a trained journalist. I can give you the clear, absolute and unvarnished truth that others aren't able to provide.

We began descending en masse on Coalinga, California Thursday for the second annual BlogHer conference. Looking around, I noticed that they were a sober and businesslike bunch and were quiet and efficient as they began to check in. A few nodded or shook hands and murmured greetings at other BlogHers that they recognized, but it was all very low-key.

They seemed generally shy and socially awkward, so it took them quite a bit of time to begin acknowledging each other. I wanted to yell "Cut loose! Relax!" especially at the really uptight people like Jennster and Jenn Satterwhite.

The event wasn't alcohol-free, but bartender Lili had so few customers that she spent most of the time polishing glasses and slicing limes.

"These women are so demure," she said. "They barely drink, but when they are always asking me to make their drinks with less alcohol in them."

In the morning, we registered and got our swag bags. The CDs of "The Wiggles Do Wagner" and the Boudreaux's Butt Paste are sure to be a hit with the Mom Bloggers, but I don't know what they'll think of the Linda Hirschman affirmation tape and the Caitlin Flanagan VooDoo doll. Personally, I really appreciate that Saturn decided to bust out a brand new car for each and every one of us! Really it was an Oprah-like moment! We didn't get them yet, of course, but I assume they will be delivering one soon. Right?

*******
I crack myself up. I had totally forgotten that I ever wrote that. What the hell gets into me? I guessed I stopped at that point because I was tired of thinking up lies.

2 comments:

I can't find my blog said...

We really must get Jenn Satterwhite to loosen up. I mean, really, could she just smile or something?

Dawn said...

Demure. It fits us all perfectly.

Yahootini's for all!

(I already bought my ticket for 2011)

Back to top